Re: Push processing and Web Socket Protocol

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:25:54 +0100
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
-tag +archive

On 5 Jun 2009, at 21:17, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> OK, great.  That was more or less an aside anyway; I just assumed
> that you
> still had some hiddent meta-HTML5 source from which this was indeed
> generated (though I was intrigued that you took the trouble to do
> that and
> have it come out as such an idiomatic IETF draft.)

There's quite a few specs contained within the "source" file in at
least the WHATWG SVN repo (I can't remember whether this is in W3C
CVS), primarily because they have cross-references from one another
automatically created, and tools for doing this between multiple HTML
files aren't very good. Most of the specs (to my knowledge with the
sole exception of XMLHttpRequest) are generated in this way.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>