Re: PROPOSAL: Procedure to Promote Progress With Accessibility Issues in HTML5

Hi Manu,
would you  consider allowing me to edit your version of the spec instead of
creating another copy.
I would obviously consult with you on what sections i would be working on,
to ensure that no conflicts occur.

at the current time it I intend to redraft the:
4.8.2 The img element (
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-img-element)
in reference to the WAI consensus document advice (
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/Text-Alternatives-in-HTML5)
my inital thoughts are to remove the section 4.8.2.1 Requirements for
providing text to act as an alternative for images from the spec and
reformulate as a W3C  best practice note, referencing it from 4.8.2 The img
element  along with relevant references from WCAG 2.0.

I am also intending to review the 4.9.2 The table element section
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-table-element in relation to
summary.
I don't know at this point what if/anything will be changed.

regards
Steve

--
with regards