Re: PF Response: @Summary

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Ian Hickson writes:
> > On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > >
> > > PF responded on these questions formally. We would appreciate the
> > > basic human courtessy of acknowledgment.  If you don't like what we
> > > said, please speak to that. But kindly don't simply ignore us.
> > >
> > > http://www.w3.org/mid/20090604000217.GA2789@sonata.rednote.net
> >
> > That e-mail received a reply some weeks ago:
> >
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Jun/0027.html
>
> Ian, this email appears to be from you, and appears to reflect your
> opinions. It does not appear this is a response from the HTML Wg.

Indeed. (The original request for a formal position from the WAI PF was
also a request from an individual or group of individuals, and not a
formal request from the HTML WG, for what it's worth.)

> > Is there a formal reply to that e-mail?
>
> No, we don't make formal replies to individuals.

Not even when they're editing the HTML5 spec?

Would you make a formal reply to the WHATWG organisation, if it sent you
a formal request?

For what it's worth, your input really would be welcome. I really would
like answers to the questions I asked; they are not rhetorical. If there
is data that I have been missing, which explains why you hold the beliefs
described in that e-mail, then I would like to see it, as it might
substantially change the conclusions I have been drawing from the data we
have seen in the HTMLWG so far.

> PS: I recall you were asked to substantiate the allegations you made in
> your email, specifically with respect to the "evidence" you claim. Where
> is that substantiation, please?

I discuss all the data, and provide references, in this recent e-mail:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0148.html

Cheers,