Re: Who is the Intended Audience of the Markup Spec Proposal?

[moved to www-archive]

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> I personally would prefer the Work Group spends its time discussing
>> actual tangible proposals.  And to provide everybody equal opportunity
>> to produce such proposals.
>
> I think anyone is free to make a proposal, but that doesn't mean we
> should publish every proposal as a Working Draft.

This is an example of the a discussion that doesn't lead to HTML5
becoming a better spec.  Nor is it particularly good argument, as it is
predicated on a fallacy:

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/eitheror.html

The current process disenfranchises many.  Perhaps not you, but many.

- Sam Ruby