Re: [html-author] Updates to the HTML Reference

+www-archive

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Dailey, David P. wrote:
>>> [...]
>> I encourage you to reply publicly.  I assure you that neither your
>> comments, nor anyone else's, will be ignored.
>
> +1
>
> I agree that this working group has created the perception that David
> describes, and I am actively working to correct that.  But the way to do
> that is with specifics.  Raise issues no the list.  If they are ignored,
> let me know that (and point to the message).  If Lachlan is right and
> they are not ignored, then this won't be an issue.

For any serious technical issue raised, I will definitely respond
eventually, even if it takes a few weeks, depending on my schedule.  I
won't guarantee every individual mail gets a response, but I will at
least cover all points raised in a thread.  I will  basically do it the
way I've handled Selectors API feedback in the WebApps WG.

I should also point out that you can also use bugzilla.  Just use the
"HTML WG" product and "Developer's Guide" component.

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=Developer%27s%20Guide

> For me to take an issue seriously, however, it would be helpful if you
> can convince a minimum of two other independent people that your idea
> has merit.

Personally, I think the number of people supporting a particular idea is
irrelevant and I generally will not be taking that into account.  If one
person raises a technical issue and can back it up with good arguments,
which are stronger than any arguments against, even if no-one else
explicitly expresses support, then I will accept it and move on.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/