Re: sanitizing cardio trainer tracks for sharing?

Le 21 avr. 2009 à 15:07, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> I have some cardio training tracks; I want to publish them,
> but with all the points within about 200 meters of my house
> elided for privacy.

Just a minor point, but I guess you have thought already about it.
Hiding *is* showing.

The center of a 200m disk will show where the house is. With an
accumulation of enough tracks on time, it will show a higher
probability. 200m must be also something like 20 houses max?
(depending on the density, distribution)
Sometimes it's almost better to create random points aka hiding by
white noise.

just thoughts from the top of my head.

--
Karl Dubost - http://www.la-grange.net/karl/