Re: Fwd: [widgets] New WD of Widgets 1.0: Digital Signatures spec published on March 31

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:34:49 -0700
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>

Hi Art,
Thanks for reaching out to OpenAjax Alliance, but most likely we will not
be providing feedback on the Digital Signatures spec. We haven't done
anything at OAA around digsigs. I send email to our Security committee, but
I don't expect any response. Personally, I have just general knowledge
about digsigs and haven't been following the detailed discussion in the
WebApps WG about digsigs.

Incidentally, keep up the great work!

Jon

             Arthur Barstow
             <art.barstow@noki
             a.com>                                                     To
                                       Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM@IBMUS
             04/07/2009 02:11                                           cc
             PM                        "www-archive@w3.org"
                                       <www-archive@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Fwd: [widgets] New WD of Widgets
                                       1.0: Digital Signatures spec
                                       published on March 31

Hi Jon - we would appreciate any comments the members of the Open
Ajax Alliance have regarding the Web Applications WG's latest Widgets
1.0: Digital Signatures spec.

-Regards, Art Barstow

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
> Date: April 2, 2009 12:21:19 PM EDT
> To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
> Subject: [widgets] New WD of Widgets 1.0: Digital Signatures spec
> published on March 31
>
> On March 31 a new WD of the Widgets 1.0 Digital Signature spec was
> published and announced on the W3C's home page:
>
> [[
> 2009-03-31: The Web Applications Working Group has published a
> Working Draft of Widgets 1.0: Digital Signatures. This document
> defines a profile of the XML Signature Syntax and Processing 1.1
> specification to allow a widget package to be digitally signed.
> Widget authors and distributors can digitally sign widgets as a
> trust and quality assurance mechanism. Prior to instantiation, a
> user agent can use the digital signature to verify the integrity of
> the widget package and perform source authentication. This document
> specifies conformance requirements on both widget packages and user
> agents.
> ]]
>
> Please review this new WD as soon as possible, preferably within
> the next two weeks:
>
>  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-digsig-20090331/>
>
> -Regards, Art Barstow

graycol.gif