Re: An HTML language specification

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:15:49 +0900
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-archive@w3.org

Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, 2008-11-25 14:12 -0500:

> Ok.  So can we get a DOM-independent definition of "browsing context"?
>  That would satisfy me, at least for that aspect of iframe's
> definition (and any other element whose definition references browsing
> contexts).

At least we can for what a browsing-context name is:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MicrosyntaxDescriptions#browsing-context

"A browsing context name is any string that does not start with an underscore (_)."

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MicrosyntaxDescriptions#browsing-context-or-keyword

"A browsing context name or keyword is either any string that does
not start with an underscore (_) or a string that case-insensitively
matches one of: _blank, _self, _parent, or _top."

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/