Re: The HTML5 project is a joint effort between the W3C and the WHATWG

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:11:03 +0000 (UTC)
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Dean Edridge <dean@dean.org.nz>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > >
> > > That makes it sound as if these private conversations are indeed
> > > one-way. Are they, Ian?
> >
> > I don't understand the question. I take feedback (from any number of
> > sources, including some from people who don't want to say their bit in
> > public, though I discourage that) and edit the spec in public. What
> > kind of conversation do you mean?
>
> The question was: is that kind of feedback a one-way conversation (you
> just accept the feedback), or is some private *conversation* going on?

I don't understand what you mean by "conversation" in this context. I
mean, I say hello when they come to me, I nod understandingly, I thank
them for the feedback, I may ask for more information... is this
conversation? I don't know what you mean by "conversation" so I can't
really determine the answer.