From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marcos Caceres
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:20 PM
To: Chris Wilson
Cc: Doug Schepers; Anne van Kesteren; www-archive@w3.org; public-webapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: Improving Communication and Expectations

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
> You know, there is an idea that perhaps we're not IGNORING the work on Access Control, and perhaps we simply disagree with some of it.

Oh, I see. Well, it has been good to get feedback on which aspects you
guys disagree with now (better late than never, right?). It came as a
bit of a shock when you guys just put in a counter proposal when you'd
had every opportunity to participate in the development of this work
from early on. It was sad to see Marc Silbey drop off the radar in
regards to Access-Control over a year ago. If Microsoft would have
found the time to collaborate, all this stuff could have been resolved
progressively and the spec would probably be done by now (as has been
shown, the MS proposal has just as many issues, if not more, than the
Access-control spec; so trying to do it in-house did not yield a more
adequate solution). Anyway, that's all water under the bridge now.
Glad you guys are back at the table and hopefully we can get this out
soon. Hopefully you guys won't vanish again to do your own thing when
you don't agree with certain aspects of a spec.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au