Re: proper use of bugzilla

Lachy,

Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com>, 2008-06-14 13:15 +0200:
[Lachy wrote:]
> > I note that there is no related email discussion on the
> > mailing list for this issue. Please avoid raising issues in
> > here which have not even had any discussion on the mailing
> > list. [...]
>
> I really do not think procedural issues are properly discussed here on
> bugzilla. The WG has other channels for that. Try to use those channels
> instead of bugzilla.

Robert is completely right here. Please restrict comments in
bugzilla to technical comments only -- not meta-comments about
proper use of bugzilla.

Also, I don't support the requirement that anybody should avoid
raising issues bugzilla unless they have had prior discussion on
the public-html list. Part of the purpose of setting up bugzilla
was to enable people to raise issues without needing to post them
to the public-html list. Telling people that they first need to
discuss issues on the public-html list before posting them to
bugzilla would completely defeat that purpose.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/