Re: tracker already has ternary state - RAISED

Hi Gregory,

I like everything you proposed here. I would only add two things.

1) It would be nice to have issue-tracker issues handled by WG member
review like the sections of the draft. This way we ask at least two WG
members to volunteer to review each issue and provide a summary report
on their opinions on it. If need be the chairs could also appoint
someone to review if the chairs felt the volunteers didn't provide
enough balance.

2) I'm not sure your proposal requires bugzilla at all then. I think
the Wiki actually serves as a very good tool situated between the
issue-tracker on one side and the WG’s email, IRC and telecon
deliberations/discussions. I've tried to consistently setup each of
these issues I've raised to provide a quick mailto link to contribute
to the WG discussion and another quick email search link to find the
messages with that same subject. This provides a nice way to link the
wiki to the email discussions (I'm thinking of trying to do something
similar for IRC). Email and IRC provide a nice persistent log of the
discussions while the Wiki pages can evolve to reflect the feedback
and criticisms form the WG. The Issue-tracker then provides a nice
mechanism to stay on top of what's going on.

Other than those two points, I fully support your suggestion.

Take care,
Rob