Re: Publication request for css3-color

On Monday 21 July 2008 15:46, Jules Clement-Ripoche wrote:
> L. David Baron wrote:
> > On Wednesday 2008-07-16 11:29 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> >> This is a publication request for css3-color, located at
> >> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/ .  I propose a publication
> >> date of next Monday (5 days from now, per [1]), but I don't mind
> >> publishing earlier (or, if necessary, later).
> >>
> >> Two files need to be published:
> >> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/Overview.html
> >> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/default.css
> >
> > I notice that the first of this two files has been placed at
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-css3-color-20080721/ , but the style
> > sheet has not.
> >
> > -David
>
> Hi David,
>
> Sorry for getting back to you on this so late.
> Document looks mostly good, there is just one or two small things
> that it would be great if you can have a look at before the release:
>
> - one link seems to be dead :
>    http://www.hike.te.chiba-u.ac.jp/ikeda/CIE/publ/abst/15-2-86.html
>    (lines: 4898, 4901)

Ever since we first referenced this in 1996 we've had trouble finding
stable links. The CIE wants people to *buy* their publications. :-(

Anyway, it's an off-site link and it has an ISBN number to identify it,
so it is not too much of a problem to just remove the URL.

I've removed the link from the bibliography database and regenerated the
document.

> - Pubrules still seems to complain about the group ipp, could you
> please double check ?

The draft is OK, the Patent Policy database needs to change:

The first WD was published when the group was still under CPP. This is
the first version under the PP. I don't know who normally changes these
things in the PP database (Ian?), but the entry should really be
changed today, because in theory people can start sending license
information from the moment the specification is published.

Bert