Re: How will the response from the pfwg on alt be dealt with?

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> I guess some of us a wondering whether what is an unambiguous formal
> response from the PF WG in regards to the current HTML5 spec being out
> of step with WAI, WCAG 1 & 2 and the PF WG thinking on the alt. i.e. the
> alt should be required not optional, is going to be dealt with.

Yes, I expect it will.

I have answered your questions to the best of my ability.
I can't imagine what more you want.

As I said, this looks like a design issue; there is somewhere
around 2 years of back-log on those in front of the PFWG request.

I expect the WG to get to it in due course.

I was just on a call with Al Gilman and he didn't bring this up;
I infer that he's satisfied with the rate of progress.

If the pace isn't satisfactory to you, you're welcome to
  (a) come to a teleconference and argue for higher priority
  (b) ask Al Gilman to follow up