Re: How will the response from the pfwg on alt be dealt with?

Sorry, missed a bit.

As the decision  to make the alt attribute optional was taken unilaterally
by the editor, it should be made a requirement again in the Spec until such
times that the HTML WG has come to a concensus decision on whether it should
be required or optional.