Pubrules copyright boilerplate

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:42:27 +1100
To: ij@w3.org
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Hi Ian.

One of the rules in pubrules is that the copyright information must
use very particular markup.  I was wondering if this could be relaxed in
two ways.

First, it would be good if I could use the “©” and “™” characters
directly, instead of being forced to use the entities.

Second, I would like my document to be valid HTML 5 as well as valid
XHTML 1.0, and to that end I would like to be able to use <abbr> instead
of <acronym> in that boilerplate, since <acronym> is not in HTML 5 (and
since MIT is not strictly an acronym anyway).

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/