RE: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

speaking only for myself....

Ben Adida wrote:
> Dan Brickley wrote:
>
> So sure, let's be civil and aggressively debate our ideas without
> sugar-coating. In that spirit, I stand by what I said: from the
> exchanges so far, it appears to me that Henri is trying to bury the
> proposal.
>
> So, if you want something that discusses the general issue of
> within-HTML data and metadata, I think ccREL does a pretty good job of
> explaining the core needs and design principles.

I think it would be very helpful to provide the supporting
evidence for the "needs" by adding some of the context you have
provided over email, and adding clear problem statements.

> And the reaction to ccREL within this group is a strong indication
> of how a more RDFa-specific proposal will likely be handled.

I encourage starting by engaging the HTMLWG community from the
beginning, to make sure each side understands the other's
problem statements, design principles and needs.

> I would love to see reactions from the HTML5 group that are a little
> more productive than "you don't really need what you think you need."

It may come across that way, but I read it more as the natural
reaction of a working group to any newcomer who arrives with a
list of fully-baked needs.  What led you to create this list?
Where are the supporting data?  What's the problem you are trying
to solve?  How can we modify the solution to fit the design rules
of the space in which you want to operate?

my 2 pesetas,
Matt
--
Matt Bonner