From: Ben Adida [mailto:ben@adida.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:52 AM
To: Kristof Zelechovski
Cc: 'Julian Reschke'; 'Ian Hickson'; 'Bonner, Matt'; 'Dan Brickley'; 'Tab
Atkins Jr.'; 'Henri Sivonen'; www-archive@w3.org
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
> It seems your main problem is that you cannot put the licenses into
> proprietary formats and you want to put the burden on HTML, seeking to put
> the data as close to the reference to the describing document as possible
> and hoping that that will make the license "relevant".  I do not like this
> catch-and-patch attitude at all.

Not at all what we're doing. A lot of the data will be in HTML to begin
with. And since HTML is the main carrier of all information, it also
makes perfect sense to add descriptive data for images, PDFs, etc.. in
the HTML. Because if you expect to put it in the actual media files...
well then that's certainly an instance of "the tools will save us"
because there's no way the average user will know how to do that *at all*.

-Ben