Request for clarification on HTML 5 publication status

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:21:33 -0800
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Nov 21, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Thanks, Gregory, for scribing...
>
> Topics
>     1. Convene HTML WG meeting of 2007-11-16T17:00:00Z
>     2. ISSUE-18 html-design-principles HTML Design Principles
>     3. ISSUE-19 html5-spec HTML 5 specification release(s)
>     4. ISSUE-15 immediate-mode-graphics requirement for Immediate Mode
>        Graphics and canvas element
>     5. ISSUE-14 aria-role Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5
>     6. ISSUE-16 offline-applications-sql offline applications and data
>        synchronization
>     7. outcome of HTML for authors session
>
> full text: http://www.w3.org/2007/11/16-html-wg-minutes

The minutes say this:

<DanC> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/19
DanC: had conversation with PTaylor about formal objection - action done
... completed action to email negative and non-responders - done
Chairs have said the question does not carry -- WG will keep working
on spec
<DanC> DanC found out non-responders are not ok to publish

I'd like to ask for some clarifications.

1) Which non-responders are not ok to publish? What are their specific
objections and how can they be addressed?

2) Does this decision apply to the diffs document as well (which was a
separate question in the survey)?

Also, I'd appreciate it if the chairs could clearly state the decision
and the reasoning behind it on public-html for discussion, since not
everyone may have spotted it in the minutes.

Regards,
Maciej