Re: conventions and mailing lists and offlist topics and so forth

On Wed, 2 May 2007, ddailey wrote:

> Sorry for getting carried away by the spirit of it all with the
> plus-one-ing ! I blame Dave Hyatt for the provocation, but will try to
> behave myself in the future.

Great, thanks!

> As long as we're offlist -- I would really like to know if what I
> proposed, concerning issue tracking, in the W3c archive list would work
> at all for you. I believe I cc-ed Dave Hyatt.

I'd work with whatever issue tracking we end up with. In my opinion an
issue tracking system has several key requirements:

 * It should automatically track e-mails on an issue so that there is
   always a complete log of all mail on a topic.

 * It should enable people to clearly summarise all arguments in one
   place.

 * It should allow for a clear statement of the current state of the issue
   (resolved, open, etc).

But I'll let you and Dan and everyone else sort out what we actually use.
I don't really have the bandwidth to figure out what the system is. So
long as it does the above, it'll be fine. :-)