How to link W3C Technical Reports

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:19:31 +0100
To: w3t-comm@w3.org
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Dear W3C Communications Team,

  I would like to link to section 8.15 of the Odiferous Style Sheets 1.0
Recommendation from my OSS 1.0 Tutorial. In a few weeks it will turn out
that section has a major error, and a few months later W3C will issue
the Odiferous Style Sheets 1.0 Second Edition Recommendation to correct
the problem (after the bugs introduced in the PER had been fixed...) A
year later the group will publish the Odiferous Style Sheets 2.0 REC and
it will no longer include what was in section 8.15 of the 1.0 version.

My link should neither break nor reference outdated information (until
the Odiferous Style Sheets 1.0 Recommendation is no longer believed to
be appropriate for implementation). How can I make such a link (there
obviously is no simple answer to this)? If that is not possible, why
not?

Thanks,