Re: suggested wording for HTML WG charter about canvas and immediate mode graphics?

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Chris, Julian,
>
> You said "yes" to:
>
> "Should a revised charter be reviewed by the W3C membership per section
> 5.3 Modification of an Activity of the W3C Process document?"
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tactics-gapi-canvas/results#xq2
>
> Note the request just below the question:
>
>   "If so, please suggest specific changes in a comment."
>
> Would you please suggest some specific changes that would satisfy you?
>
> Likewise, Sam, you wrote:
>
>   Please treat this answer as if it were "yes, but only if the
>   charter was modified first".
>
>   -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/req-gapi-canvas/results
>
> Please suggest a change that would satisfy you.

While I'm uncomfortable about rampant scope creep, and uncomfortable
about a monolithic standard, I think that objections without
constructive proposals should merely be noted and should not otherwise
impede further progress.

> Note that since there isn't consensus to accept a
> canvas requirement, it's up to the chairs to figure out whether
> the question carries. I'd like to know if there's a straightforward
> charter change that will satisfy the dissenters while I'm thinking
> it over and talking it over with my co-chair in the next few days.

Given that there is evident widespread support for this feature, and no
specific proposals to revise the charter have surfaced, I would like to
amend my vote at this time to be an "abstain".

- Sam Ruby