Re: Seeing the open issues

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> Using IE 7 on XP when the page http://www.whatwg.org/issues/ opens it
> displays the message:
>
> "Your Web browser does not support DOM3 Core, which is required by this
> application."

Yeah, IE7 doesn't support some of the features I use (like .textContent).
It should work fine if you use a more modern browser, like Firefox,
Safari, or Opera. I didn't do anything to work around browser bugs or
limitations in the development of this tool (except close two <p> elements
that were confusing Opera, but then the HTML5 parsing spec isn't a
standard yet, so that's arguably not their fault); I just followed the
specs, like we're supposed to.

> Do need to point out the issues with requiring a browser with "DOM3 Core
> support" to view the content?

Given that this is a standards working group, requiring a browser that
supports three year old standards seems reasonable. No?