Re: draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt: ASCII NVT rules

From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:11:22 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
cc: www-archive@w3.org

--On Monday, September 18, 2006 18:51 +0200 Bjoern Hoehrmann
<derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
>   I read through draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt and I found the
> ASCII NVT discussion in 2.1 and 2.2 very confusing, I could
> not figure out whether those rules apply to "Net-Unicode" in
> any way. The definition implies that they do not but then goes
> on to recommend that certain things should be avoided, and
> clarifies details about ASCII NVT, so I am not sure whether,
> in "Net-Unicode", LF CR "SHOULD" be avoided, for example.
> (That, FWIW, would seem to rule out CR LF CR LF, which might
> not be in- tended either...)

This document is undergoing considerable revision to deal with
that topic as well as some serious issues that have been
uncovered in Unicode 5.0.   Watch for -03 which will appear
sooner or later (probably not within the next few weeks,
however, because those Unicode issues are taking some time to
resolve).

thanks and regards,
    john