draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt: ASCII NVT rules

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:51:15 +0200
To: john-ietf@jck.com
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Hi John,

  I read through draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt and I found the ASCII NVT
discussion in 2.1 and 2.2 very confusing, I could not figure out whether
those rules apply to "Net-Unicode" in any way. The definition implies
that they do not but then goes on to recommend that certain things
should be avoided, and clarifies details about ASCII NVT, so I am not
sure whether, in "Net-Unicode", LF CR "SHOULD" be avoided, for example.
(That, FWIW, would seem to rule out CR LF CR LF, which might not be in-
tended either...)

regards,