Online XSLT 2.0 Service: support for multi-valued parameters

From: MJ McLaren, Information Systems and Computing <Mark.McLaren@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:22:12 +0100
To: ted+xslt-service@w3.org, mf+xslt-service@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org

I have been experimenting with the Online XSLT 2.0 Service which is great!

I have been writing XSL stylesheets that create HTML that re-invoke the XSL
stylesheet that produced them with different parameters.  I have noticed
that the current implementation of SaxonSavvyServlet does not support
multi-valued parameters. e.g. it uses:

String value = req.getParameterValue(name)

rather than something like:

String[] values = req.getParameterValues(name)

This means that currently parameters will be discarded from forms passing
multi-valued parameters (such as those produced by checkboxes, radio
buttons and select lists).  I have tweaked my local copy of the servlet to
pass multi-valued parameters as comma separated parameters to the XSL.  I
thought this could be a useful improvement to the SaxonSavvyServlet.

Best wishes,

Mark

MJ McLaren, Information Systems and Computing
Mark.McLaren@bristol.ac.uk