Re: HTML WG charter review, tracking feedback

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:28:31 -0600
To: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Steve Bratt <steve@w3.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Hypertext CG <w3c-html-cg@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, www-archive@w3.org

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 02:59 +1100, Dean Jackson wrote:
> Hi Chris, Steve,
>
> Maciej, Ian and David have given useful feedback on the HTML WG
> charter. What is the process by which this feedback is considered?
>
> Does it have to wait until it is submitted by the AC review?
>
> If some of the feedback is accepted then it might be a significant
> change to the charter. Does this mean an extra round of AC review is
> required?
>
> Or, if everyone "here" agrees, is it possible to change the charter
> currently under review?

Good questions.

I advise that you
  - leave the charter under review stable during the review

  - maintain another draft where you integrate feedback as
    you see it. Share this other draft with whoever you see fit.

In particular, give a pointer to it when you reply
to Maciej, Ian and David. Oh... they're all copied here, I see.
And www-archive is copied. Hello, fishbowl! Whee!

Perhaps the charter under review should be tweaked just slightly,
to note the presence of the other draft with a link.

> [I'm not sure who is included in "here" - the people that have
> replied so far? the entire list of people cc-ed?]
>
> Dean

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E