Re: fun with embedded RDF

On 23/02/2006 08:39, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I got fed up with the quirky XHTML idioms that I was
> using in my homepage and scratched them in favor of
> hCalendar and embedded RDF today.
>
> It's quite handy to be able to draw from all sorts of
> RDF vocabularies without writing custom XSLT transformations.
> hCalendar markup is almost intolerably verbose, and
> I thought embedded RDF would be tediously verbose, since
> it's general purpose and not specialized for the idioms on
> this page. But I have come to sorta the opposite conclusion:
> there's an economy of scale in being able to copy and paste
> little bits of XHTML across pages.

Thanks. That's useful feedback.

> but that says that the tripToFrance made xyz, where I
> want to say that I made xyz. And I can't add another
> id="me" inside the vevent, because id's have to be unique.

Yes there are a few limitations of the approach. It's an 80% solution
without doubt. There are some possible convolutions using <label
for="..."> but..yuck!

> I've got some schemas that I want to re-do using XHTML/GRDDL...
> I started reviving HyperRDF
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/07/hs78/

Interesting - a first glance appears to show a lot of similarities. I
need to read this properly. What's the best way to move forward on
reconciling the various approaches?

Ian
--
http://internetalchemy.org | http://purl.org/NET/iand