Re: Your blog entry: More W3C Controversy

Dean Jackson wrote:

> Hey David,
>
> http://dbaron.org/log/2006-08#e20060818a
>
> I just want to say that I really appreciated your article. I agree
> completely.
>
> Your conclusion that we have to accept "competing" specifications at W3C
> is something I share, even though I wish it were possible for the W3C to
> return to being a focused organisation.

It's a thought provoking article, and I largely agree with it. And it'd
be good to see more of this kind of conversation happening in blog posts
around W3C (and even have W3C link to them...).

But it's a dream to talk about a return to being a "focused
organisation". There always were such tensions, ... they just show in
different areas at different times. Anyone remember RDF and XML? :)
There was no golden age!

Dan