Re: [XMLVersioning-41] Scope

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 15:41 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
[...]
> I think there is a common set of concepts and terminology that apply to
> protocols independend of choice of specific syntax such as XML syntax,
> and I consequently suggest that the first part of a finding on protocol
> evolution and re-use provides a clear and detailed discussion of common
> concepts and terminology including a general discussion of the impact
> of design decisions relative to these concepts, without recommendations
> towards making specific design decisions.

Are you interested to help write such a thing?

I'm not sure there is a common set of concepts... I hope to look
at a number of specific cases before attempting to generalize...
but I agree that looking at protocol evolution in general
is more interesting than just looking at extending and versioning
(sic) XML vocabularies.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E