Re: [w3photo] community "ranking" of images

From: Morten Frederiksen <mof-rdf@mfd-consult.dk>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 00:50:19 +0200
To: semantic-photolist@unitboy.com

On Friday 14 May 2004 01:40, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Greg Elin wrote:
> > My thinking is a -1 thru +5 scale.
> I'm open to suggestions on the vocabulary (I'll even do a bit more
> write-up if people are actually using it ;-) But if it is in use, then a
> change to the scale might break things - what do you think, Morten?
Methinks the vocabulary scale shouldn't be changed. Mapping other scales into
this seems quite easy, e.g. for Amazon it's simply a matter of multiplication
by 2. There's nothing keeping anyone from displaying something different,
perhaps even labels, in the user interface, as long as the code behind it
takes care of the rest.

Regards,
Morten