Re: [w3photo] community "ranking" of images

From: Morten Frederiksen <mof-rdf@mfd-consult.dk>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:11:54 +0200
To: semantic-photolist@unitboy.com

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 15:42, Greg Elin wrote:
> The idea is to use community ranking of images along the lines of
> slashdot and kuroshin. As a part of commenting/annotating photos,
> logged in users can rank a photo on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 to 10?).   A
> person can only rank a photo once. Users can select the rank of photos
> they want to browse. The default would be just above halfway point on
> the scale.
May I suggest using Danny Ayers'  review vocabulary for assigning the ranks:

It's a scale from 1 to 10, with associated reviewer, and already seeing some
use out there. I'm using it at foaf.dk/hosting for amazon's reviews, and i've
recently started using it for exactly the purpose at hand: Photos.

How to use the ranking is a different matter, but I think a group/aggregated
approach coupled with trust would be very interesting.

Subscribe Instructions
To:   semantic-photolist-request@unitboy.com
Body: subscribe

Unsubscribe Instructions