Re: [w3photo] getting repository live

From: Masahide Kanzaki <post@kanzaki.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:54:41 +0900
To: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: semantic-photolist@unitboy.com

Hi Libby, nice validator :)

I have a question on dc:rights example in
>http://esw.w3.org/topic/W3PhotoVocabs

You put an example for 'license and rights properties for the metadata'
something like:

 <dc:rights>
  <cc:Agent>
   <dc:title>Libby Miller</dc:title>
   <dc:date>1001-07-23</dc:date>
  </cc:Agent>
 </dc:rights>

Should this cc:Agent have dc:date ? What does this date mean ?

I think you've taken this fragment from CC's "Extending Creative Commons
Metadata" page, and it includes dc:title actually. But the page explains
this dc:date that "As you can see the copyright holder is a person with a
URL, a name and a date (of birth)." (forget about URL here..)

If the above dc:date is intended as the copyright date, it should be the
date of the creation (of a photo), and thus I think it should be a property
of the Image itself, not of Agent (or at least needs another node along
with Agent). Make sense ?

Besides it warns me about license failure, the validator works fine. Thanks !

cheers,

--
KANZAKI, Masahide a.k.a. masaka
http://kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf