Re: [w3photo] Meetings about image vocabulary/combining vocabs

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:17:30 -0500
To: semantic-photolist@unitboy.com
Cc: Jennifer Golbeck <golbeck@cs.umd.edu>

>I'd like to propose a couple of meetings.
>
>1. one to talk about the possible vocabularies for images and parts of
>images
>
>2. to decide which vocabularies to use and come up with a sample
>piece of RDF that represents the sort of annotation we want
>

>(1) is one of the purposes of the new W3C proposed image description
>list, but obviously we need a quick decision - we need to pick one that
>does what we want, and we have a couple of examples.
>
>(2) is also becoming urgent, as it impacts on everthing else, including
>the UI and getting on with annotating.
>
>Somewhere we might also talk about what things we need to identify
>(images, people, parts of images, places etc), and how we might go about
>it.
>
>Any takers? I can do (almost) any time - any prefered?
>
>Libby

Libby - my time is really limited, but I am of course interested --
Jen is probably more available and whatever we come up with, we
probably need to integrate it with her ontology...

what is the "new W3C proposed image description list"?
--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)