Re: [w3photo] Meetings about image vocabulary/combining vocabs

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:17:30 -0500
To: semantic-photolist@unitboy.com
Cc: Jennifer Golbeck <golbeck@cs.umd.edu>

>I'd like to propose a couple of meetings.
>1. one to talk about the possible vocabularies for images and parts of
>2. to decide which vocabularies to use and come up with a sample
>piece of RDF that represents the sort of annotation we want
>(1) is one of the purposes of the new W3C proposed image description
>list, but obviously we need a quick decision - we need to pick one that
>does what we want, and we have a couple of examples.
>(2) is also becoming urgent, as it impacts on everthing else, including
>the UI and getting on with annotating.
>Somewhere we might also talk about what things we need to identify
>(images, people, parts of images, places etc), and how we might go about
>Any takers? I can do (almost) any time - any prefered?

Libby - my time is really limited, but I am of course interested --
Jen is probably more available and whatever we come up with, we
probably need to integrate it with her ontology...

what is the "new W3C proposed image description list"?
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)

Subscribe Instructions