Re: WS-Addressing and URIs

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:22:25 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 08:41:36PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Sorry, I intended it to be implicit in my message that I'd like to raise
> > an issue.  My apologies for not making that clear.
>
> A new web architecture issue? I still don't see one.

EPRs are structured identifiers, yet not URIs.  You don't see a problem
with that?

There's a bunch of other issues too, I was just focusing on what I felt
to be the most obvious one.  Consider wsa:To and how it supercedes the
HTTP Request-URI, or wsa:Action and how it supercedes the HTTP request
method...

> > Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  But I think I'm working within the
> > bounds of documented process to request that the TAG consider
> > architectural issues with member submissions.  Am I mistaken?
>
> Yes. The TAG has no responsibility for submissions, as far as I know.

*shrug*  Well, the TAG hears appeals of rejected submissions.

Mark.