Re: overlength version

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:17:21 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, www-archive@w3.org

>Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>

>>This is now the submitted version (the PDF is one I have downloaded
>>from the site, after having uploaded it)
>
>Another one.
>
>Changes are mainly trivial; the most significant changes are 1
>substantive change to Pat's text in section 2, and wording
>alignments between sections 2 and 6.2 (also Pat's text).
>
>Acknowledgements now fit.
>
>The substantive change is that the old text talked about
>interpretations of named graphs, and said that if I satisfies g then
>I(name(g)) = g; I don't believe we interpret named graphs at all,
>merely the graphs (or a merge thereof) within the named graphs.

I don't understand this at all.  (Named graphs are graphs with names,
right?)  But....

>  Hence I have changed this to say that an interpretation conforms
>with a set of named graphs N if for every ng in N then I(name(ng)) =
>ng.

.... as far as I can see this amounts to the same thing, so I have no
problem with that change.

>I have followed Chris's suggestion and capitalized Named Graph
>throughout, but personally I find it ugly.

Me too.  Maybe it looks better in German than in English.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell