Re: overlength version

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:03:39 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, www-archive@w3.org

This is now the submitted version (the PDF is one I have downloaded from
the site, after having uploaded it)

I had to cut quite a bit, I hope people agree with my choices.
I tried to cut waffly phrases, unnecessary techy stuff (like namespace
decl, and the DTD).
I also rephrased things in paragraphs whose last line was very short, in an
effort to save a line. Sometimes this loses words like "However" or "in
order" which might disrupt the flow a bit.

I will review it all tomorrow, and the e-mail, and maybe upload again.

Jeremy

PS I didn't quite cut enough to fit the acknowledgements in, we will have
to cut just a bit more before the final public version (assuming we get in).

PPS Pat said he had an acknowledgement line to add too.

PPPS Feel free to phone tomorrow; I should be at home about half the time
+39 0586 89 03 55.