Re: Comments on Proposed XHTML Module: Web Forms 2.0

From: Matthew Mastracci <matt@aclaro.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:39:07 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Cool - the clarification is good.  I'm still a little uncertain about
entering items with a separator, however.  I always forget which
character I'm supposed to use- especially when I'm forced to send mail
with Outlook.  :)

I know that it's not the standard's job to specify the exact UI in the
browser, but I'm certain the email-like GUI present in the spec at the
current moment will end up in IE at some point.  ;)

I don't know if I have a better idea, but perhaps the recommended UI
should be one that changes from this (when unfocused):

| matt@aclaro.com, foo@something.com ... |

to this text-area-like-one-per-line layout (when focused):

| matt@aclaro.com                      |^|
| foo@something.com                    | |
| whoever@whereever.com                | |
| *    <-- insertion mark (?)          |v|

Perhaps someone can come up with a better idea than myself, but the idea
is there and might prompt some discussion.  :)

Matt.