RE: test doc update

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:36:01 +0200
To: "Jeremy Carroll <jjc" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Jeremy, I had half a holiday and am only finding now your message
I fully agree with your much improved comments and have
immediately put them into the files (however manually)
and have them checked into w3ccvs
I also recompiled the wowg and now got a nice document (*)
however, still without those testcases

-- ,

(*)(See attached file: OWL_Test_Cases.html)

                      Jeremy Carroll
                      <jjc@hpl.hp.com>         To:       jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com, www-archive@w3.org

> yes, time doen't permit very much

I'm getting there.
Thanks for the ref suggestions.

I think the descriptions of your test cases can be improved.
At the moment, the description is essentially echoing the test as triples.

How about:

owl:intersectionOf 001

The order of the classes in an <code>intersectionOf</code>
construct is unimportant.

(that understates the amount of time we have spent on that problem!)
I notice that your test uses only the weak semantics - more of that on the
mailing list and at the f2f. We will need to have also a strong semantics
test, and show a decision, which I suspect will be for the entailment.

owl:maxCardinality 001

three distinct values on some <code>sb1</code>.

owl:maxCardinality 002

three distinct values on some <code>sb1</code>.
In this example, one of the three values is implicit.

owl:TransitiveProperty 001
A simple illustration of transitivity.

owl:unionOf 001
A union is a superclass of its parts.

owl:unionOf 002
<code>owl:unionOf</code> behaves quite like set theoretic union.

Justification, we will need test cases that illustrate any divergence from
e.g. a strong semantics one, where we comment on which semantics are being

Note XHTML can be copy-pasted straight into the editor; the manifest has

I expect to have final draft to you for your approval this morning.
Assuming you can OK it at the RDF Core telecon.