RE: Editorial comments for Part 1, section 1-3

Hmm, I have always read the term "XML qualified name" in the context stated in the description in the namespace spec:

"Note that the prefix functions only as a placeholder for a namespace name. Applications should use the namespace name, not the prefix, in constructing names whose scope extends beyond the containing document."

I vaquely remember that the WG agreed on using this term some time ago but I can't find the reference anywhere. Can somebody remember the details?

The potential problem by using the old phrase is that it is not clear whether or how the "combination" should be computed: because we don't say: should they be concatinated, or something else?

In any case, we use the term "XML qualified name" fairly consistently so if we have problems in section 2.4, then we may have it in other places as well. In any case, I agree that it is an editorial edit.

Henrik