yet another approach to Creative Commons RDF-in-HTML problem

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:31:44 -0500
To: sw-team@w3.org
cc: www-archive@w3.org

What about defining an HTTP header to carry RDF metadata, such as the
CC license info.  We have a standard and open (URI-based) way to
define new HTTP headers [1].  And we have <META HTTP-EQUIV ...> to let
it go really inside the document, while still being valid [2].   This
approach is documented for embedding PICS in HTML [2], so I assume
some of y'all have experience with it.  :-)

   -- sandro

[1] http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc2774.txt
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#edef-META