rdf/rest

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:37:39 -0400
To: mark@markbaker.ca
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Do you agree that for Semantic Web purposes we can read the phrase "a
representation" of something (in REST documents) as "a serialization
of an RDF Graph mentioning/describing" the thing?

There's a lot of confusion because in some communities the word
"respresentation" means a "symbol standing for the thing"
instead of this meaning, which is more like "an asserted logical
formula containing a symbol standing for the thing."

(I don't think you've met -- you just seem like the right person
person to ask this.   I've CC'd www-archive for reference.)

    -- sandro