Document Axioms

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:29:36 +0100
To: <www-archive@w3.org>
The following are a set of axioms that I've been (?:noodling
on|nurdling on|hacking over). If I ever get these straightened
out, I'll send them to www-tag.

* A document is not a physical object. A representation of the
document may be a physical object, but the document itself is a
conceptual entity.

* A document will have a clearly relevant set of representations
associated with it.

* A document will have IPR rights attached to it; since to remain
continuous each new representation must be derived from a
previous representation, and therefore the IPR carries over.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer