Re: using Annotea SVG support to annotate images

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:00:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, <w3t-tech@w3.org>, <www-archive@w3.org>
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Irene Vatton wrote:

  > 	http://www.w3.org/2001/08/rdfweb/svg-foaf

  This is my personal opinion about your "Things to Explore"
  1. Annotea is able to annotate any part of XML document. If you have a SVG
  path that
     describes a part of an image you can annotate if with Annotea.

The Amaya Annotea only create HTML as an annotation body. I want to create
RDF as the body - if necessary using another application to do that.

  3. The role of the Amaya Transformation language is to help the user in his
  editing
     task, like restructuring a set of paragraphs to generate a list of items.
     I don't know what kind of transformation you want to do, but if they are
  more than
     that it's a good idea to use an external XSLT.

I wanted to make a link to something, and then have a pre-defined
transformation  that turns it into RDF. Whaty I would really like to do is
call an XSLT transformation for a piece of a document, but I don't know how
to get a piece from Amaya to do that, nor how to pass it back.

chaals