"geo" URN Namespace

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:58:00 +0100
To: <geopriv@mail.apps.ietf.org>
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

I recently sent a draft to the urn-nid mailing list for consideration that
may be of some interest to this group: a URN namespace ("geo") for
geospatial location based on latitude, longitude, and an optional height. A
copy of the proposal is available from [1], and my original mail is
available from the uri@w3.org mailing list archives at [2].

Larry Masinter was kind enough to refer me to this group, and I was
wondering how compatable this proposal is with your own efforts, and
whether I should continue the registration process.

Cheers,

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2001Sep/att-0001/01-urn-geo.txt
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2001Sep/0001

--