Yapps is just what I needed today

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:43:21 -0500
To: amitp@theory.stanford.edu, www-archive@w3.org

I had fun hacking with Yapps today...

A while ago, I transcribed a grammar from one of TimBL's
design notes (http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3)
into a recursive-descent parser in python

Tim picked that up and went totally out of control
hacking on it
(http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/ ,

A few other folks are starting to look at the code,
so I started to get embarrased and looked for
cleaner designs.

I did it once based on SPARK
but when I started to write the actions,
I found SPARK's bottom-up parsing style
didn't match well.

I tried it in Yapps today, and the top-down
attribute grammar approach was a really nice

Thanks for the nifty code to work with
and the nice docs!

See also notes I made in the RDF IG scratchpad today
soon to be moved to/archived at

p.s. by copying www-archive, I'm saying it's find
to forward this wherever you like, and it will
get archived in case you, I, or anybody else
wants to point to it.