questions about annotea protocol (also: Reading material, links, implementations, etc.)

From: Nathan Young <nyoung@asis.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:33:33 -0700
To: www-annotation@w3.org

I'm trying to tighten up my weblog to annotation gateway, using the annotea
protocol doc at:

I have a question and a comment.

Question: what should the about attribute of r:description hold?  I.e.:
<r:description about="what goes here?">
I'm perfectly happy to be pointed at the right reading material to figure
this out for myself :)

Comment: To get a title to show up when looking at the annotations in amaya,
I used <d:title>, inferred from:

But the title element does not show up in the protocol docs (linked above) or

10/16/2002 5:22:12 AM, Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org> wrote:

>And if you draft it into a document, I can put it on the Annotea
>site too, so that other people can profit from your survey :)
>On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 12:00:28PM -0400, Richard Michael wrote:
>> I spent some time a little while back looking at setting up my own
>> annotation server, using the reference implementation from W3.  (I'm
>> still interested in that implementation because I'd like to change the
>> perl modules to run against a PostgresDB instead of MySQL.)  But I
>> didn't get very far - I'd didn't have a lot of time.
>> I'd like to spend this weekend reviewing recent developments, other
>> server implementations, the mozilla plugins, etc.
>> Would some of the more active memebers mind posting links or other
>> resources, pointing to various servers, etc.?
>> Obviously, the w3c site is my starting point to jump back in, but other
>> material would expedite the process.
>> Basically, I'm issuing a call for anything annotation related that
>> people have found helpful/interesting.  If it's enough material, I'll
>> through something together; else, at least we'll have a thread in the
>> list archive.

Nathan Young
N. C. Young Design