Re: Orphaned annotations

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:51:16 +0000 (GMT)
To: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
cc: <www-annotation@w3.org>

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Matthew Wilson wrote:

>  From a purely selfish point of view, can I add a requirement:
>
> * The hash can be computed from the element using standard ECMAScript and
> DOM methods.

Not a problem.  A hash on a string comprising the (lowercase) names of all
elements in a DOM - separated (eg) by space - will do nicely.  If you and
Jim agree on the fine detail based on what's easy to do in your respective
browsers, that'll be fine by me.

Text content and attributes should be ignored: changes to these might
slightly shife a pointer, but won't invalidate it to the point of
becoming totally wrong and/or misleading.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>