Installing annotation server on Windows

From: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:11:29 +0000
To: www-annotation@w3.org
Hi,

   I am making some progress on running an annotation server under Windows
NT. I can compile and run the annotation script (with no parameters) now,
getting some empty RDF back. Posting and returning annotations isn't right
though.

  I'll provide information on what changes are needed once it's done, of
course.

  I'm using the Perl stuff from CVS: does this reflect what's running at
http://annotest.w3.org/annotations ? For example, an empty query on my
server returns

<r:RDF
  xmlns:http="http://www.w3.org/1999/xx/http#"
  xmlns:d="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/"
  xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#"
  xmlns:r="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" />

but on the W3C server I get

<r:RDF
  xmlns:d="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/"
  xmlns:t="http://www.w3.org/2001/03/thread#"
  xmlns:atr="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/attributions/ns#"
  xmlns:http="http://www.w3.org/1999/xx/http#"
  xmlns:p="xmlns:http://www.w3.org/2000/08/palm56/addr#"
  xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns#"
  xmlns:r="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" />

i.e. more namespaces. And when I post an annotation to my server, and then
try and query for that annotation, then I get an error to do with
namespaces. Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Matthew Wilson