RE: [FYI] More annotation support in the latest Amaya release

From: Barstow Art (NMP/Boston) <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:16:19 -0500
To: "'ext Marja-Riitta Koivunen'" <marja@w3.org>, "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>, "'ext Matthew Wilson'" <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Cc: <www-annotation@w3.org>
> From: ext Marja-Riitta Koivunen [mailto:marja@w3.org]

> The thread schema was not supposed to affect old clients, I
> did test with
> old Amaya. But obviously that was not enough. We should have
> asked someone
> else to test too. I have two names now on my list that we can
> ask next time.

Marja - you should/could test schema or protocol changes with the
Annotea JavaScript interfaces:

 [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/Bookmarklet/Annotea-JavaScript.html

> Meanwhile we try see what is wrong and correct it as soon as possible.

Hmmm.  The Annotea Servlet?

Jim - does your Annotea implementation use an Annotea Servlet like
[1] does or does it go directly to an Annotea Server?

Matthew - at one point EricP was talking about modifying the Annotea
server (protocol?) so that Annozilla could bypass the Annotea Servlet
and go directly to the server.  I don't know the status of that work.
I believe the issue was that Mozilla was expecting a different MIME
media
type for the RDF/XML returned from the server.  Even if this current
problem is not related to the Annotea Servlet perhaps you and EricP
can determine a way to eliminate the servlet from the pipeline.

Art
---